Retail Therapy On Sacramento Street


Last week, I spent an afternoon on Sacramento Street for some girlfriend time and retail therapy.
It has been years since I shopped this San Francisco district.  In fact, my friend and I were remembering that Shabby Chic was the favorite store back then.  
Now it's Hudson Grace and Anthem, two lovely home decor stores, packed full of eye candy!

Hudson Grace is the new kid on the block, having just opened late 2012.
While not a huge store, its merchandise is carefully selected and beautifully displayed.

Partners Monelle Totah and Gary McNatton share a vision of simple, clean and neutral decor.
They believe there is longevity in simplicity and sell items that make a house a home.

I love how they displayed Cire Trudon candles under a cloche.  When the cloche is lifted, you can smell the candle's scent.

Hudson Grace has a nice selection of vintage hotel silver.




There is a huge table in the middle of the store with stacks of design books.
We each bought Rooms to Inspire by the Sea, by Annie Kelly.
I highly recommend it!

Down the street is Anthem, a home decor and furnishings store.
I could have stayed here all day, there is so much to take in!

There is so much to see here.  In the back corner of the store there is a beautiful kitchen.
I love the marble, stainless sink and the cabinet hardware.  

This one of a kind table had my heart skipping a beat.
I could just imagine it in Asti!
The price tag however was way over my budget!


We ended up walking out with our pocketbooks still intact, but also with lots of ideas.

There's nothing like shopping to work up an appetite!
Having a late lunch at the quintessential San Francisco restaurant, Garibaldi's was the perfect way to end our day.

For more information on San Francisco's Sacramento Street, visit their website here for a list of shops, antique stores, boutiques and restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment