The Olive Branch

The olive branch has long been a symbol of peace and goodwill.
We've all heard the expression, "extending the olive branch," used when extending an offer of peace or reconciliation.

In Asti, we have many olive branches, many olive trees that give me a sense of peace when I look at them.
I never tire of their simple beauty.

Aren't they just magnificent?
They provide us with their wonderful fruit and if that's not enough, we then get to enjoy the most delicious oil too!

I like to cut the branches to bring inside...

...for casual autumn arrangements.

I think the olive branch, a symbol of peace, also represents fall in all its glory, don't you?

This year, I'm planning to make an olive branch wreath for late fall and into the holiday season like this one from Pottery Barn.
I'll let you know how it turns out!

I'm joining Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment